Saturday, September 27, 2008

Finally an Update

Mom is scheduled for Thursday October 2 to have a port put in for her chemo.  She met with two of the doctors last Monday and they were quite encouraging.  They neither one believe she needs much, if any radiation.  

She still has the feeding tube, but is not using it for now.  They are leaving it in because they feel she may need it once they start the chemo.  

She is feeling stronger each day.  Today she even went for a short walk in her neighborhood.  

This is my first update since returning home from Michigan.  We have been playing catch up with things that needed done upon our return, and in preparation for Evelyn to go back up when Nell starts her chemo.  We have both dealt with physical issues we felt were attacks from the kingdom of darkness.  Each one has been short lived, and odd, for instance, last Saturday night I walked into the room off my office and just started to pray about the next day. When I breathed in to start my second sentence I inhaled a tiny moth right into my left lung. I coughed and hacked and choked for several minutes.  By the time I was able to catch my breath my throat was raw.  I managed to get through Sunday morning, but wound up sleeping most of Sunday afternoon and evening.  Though I'm better now, I still feel like there's something in my left lung.

I believe God is protecting us, and that Satan is looking for any and all openings to attack. God is bigger. We covet your prayers.  

Keeping that in mind. James 5:16 tells us to pray for one another.  It is imparative we live godly lives and give Satan no place in our lives.  It is also helpful to know that others are praying for us. Over the years I have dealt with depression. This week I spent two and a half days hearing, "What's the use? Why don't you end it now? You're not doing any good. No one is going to follow God." There were a lot of other things said as well.  I battled it with praise, songs and scripture all in the name of Christ. Finally in the middle of the third day it ceased.

God's goodness sustains in times of trial. This psalm reminds us of God's goodness.

Psa 86:1-17  A Prayer of David. Bow down Your ear, O LORD, hear me; For I am poor and needy.  (2)  Preserve my life, for I am holy; You are my God; Save Your servant who trusts in You!  (3)  Be merciful to me, O Lord, For I cry to You all day long.  (4)  Rejoice the soul of Your servant, For to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.  (5)  For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You.  (6)  Give ear, O LORD, to my prayer; And attend to the voice of my supplications.  (7)  In the day of my trouble I will call upon You, For You will answer me.  (8)  Among the gods there is none like You, O Lord; Nor are there any works like Your works.  (9)  All nations whom You have made Shall come and worship before You, O Lord, And shall glorify Your name.  (10)  For You are great, and do wondrous things; You alone are God.  (11)  Teach me Your way, O LORD; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name.  (12)  I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, And I will glorify Your name forevermore.  (13)  For great is Your mercy toward me, And You have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.  (14)  O God, the proud have risen against me, And a mob of violent men have sought my life, And have not set You before them.  (15)  But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, Longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth.  (16)  Oh, turn to me, and have mercy on me! Give Your strength to Your servant, And save the son of Your maidservant.  (17)  Show me a sign for good, That those who hate me may see it and be ashamed, Because You, LORD, have helped me and comforted me.

No comments: