Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sunrises, Sunsets

At the time of this entry Nell still holds on to life, barely. Her breathing is extremely shallow. The last few times she communicated anything it was pain and a crying out for her mother. We wait.

The following was written by Evelyn, Nell's wonderful daughter, my marvelous wife on December 28, 2008. Evelyn has been the main caregiver now for these 28 days that Nell has been in our home.

Tonight I watched the sun set. The hues of orange, pink, purple & red were brilliantly splattered across the sky in a breathtaking display.

How interesting that sunrises & sunsets share such brilliant colors, announcing their arrival.

Such is life & death. One is ushered in, another out, yet both are brilliantly controlled by the hand of the master artist - God.

Sometime I fear the dark, but without the dark do we really appreciate the light? In heaven I know we will, but in our feeble earthly frames we must have the struggles to see the blessing of His hand walking us through.

When will the sun set on my mother's earthly life? Only God knows, but with the dark, will come light again... and for that I wait.

No comments: